legal representation costs/fees 2020
The costs of legal assistance, including legal representation, are in each case determined upon an initial analysis of the case, and based on an individual offer prepared specifically for the client. It takes into account the amount of work, the number of hearings and meetings and the necessary resources needed to take over and fully conduct the case on behalf of the client.
The minimum payment rates, for legal representation in 2020, are currently regulated in the Regulation of the Minister of Justice on fees for legal advisers’ activities as of 22 October 2015 and constitute the minimum remuneration under the provisions. This means that the court cannot award costs lower than those arising from the current regulation.
The legal representation costs are awarded to the losing party on behalf of the other party and only in the case of being represented by a professional attorney.
The fees for legal representation are based on the amount of the claim and are set accordingly:
- up to PLN 500 – PLN 90;
- from 500 PLN to 1500 PLN – 270 PLN;
- from 1500 PLN to 5000 PLN – 900 PLN;
- from PLN 5,000 to PLN 10,000 – 1800 PLN;
- from PLN 10,000 to PLN 50,000 – 3600 PLN;
- from PLN 50,000 to PLN 200,000 – 5400 PLN;
- from PLN 200,000 to PLN 2,000,000 – PLN 10 800;
- from PLN 2,000,000 to PLN 5,000,000 – PLN 15,000;
- from PLN 5,000,000 – PLN 25,000.